Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the ramblings of a scattered mind II

Sonnet 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds,
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark 
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come: 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
 Shakespeare

Here we are again, when there is too much to say and then it just comes out as rambling. Today is June 15th, at 8:22 South African time there shall be lunar eclipse. Which is great if you want to see something white turn to red. Hoping i can get a really cool picture of it, there isn't a cloud in the sky. Speaking of clouds they seem to follow me everywhere i go, which is fine, you get to a stage where you don't actually mind it. I find out i really like to cycle and tennis, if it's with my friends. I know i said i'm going to make my blog less about me, and i am but that does not include my ramblings, these are very much  about me and my thoughts. I find it strange when people say Ignorance is bliss, i mean i would agree but at the same time find myself conflicted with my own thoughts, by that i mean it would depend on the type of 'ignorance'. Sometimes you don't know wether knowing something is good for you, wether it would benefit you, improve you or wether it would be to your detriment. Knowledge is strange like that. Another thing that's strange is love, silly old cliched love, which i've learnt a lot about these past few weeks (don't ask how, or where). They say love never asks you to change, but at the same time that it improves you. Obviously it depends if you love the right person, and it's possible not to. There is no such thing as a soul mate, there is a compatible mate. Love does this foolish thing to you, it makes you oblivious to real world things, I may even go far enough to say it may make one selfish. Or perhaps that's the infatuation part of it, the part i hate the most when i see it in other people that is. I don't know i guess i'm way too much of a realist, slightly pessimistic to care about that part of it. I don't want to be oblivious, and not any more selfish than i already am. Another strange thing is that people always tend to associate love to marriage. I wonder where that even stems form. Don't get me wrong love may eventually lead to marriage, but the initial way was that marriage eventually led to love. And if you ask me the latter method lasts much longer than our new age 24 hour marriages. Also, love is the most weakest foundation to build a union as strong as a marriage, it needs more than that, much more..well enough of that.

I've been wondering lately and by lately i mean today, about the formation of a person's personality. I would love to know how i became who i am, and by that i mean the specific external and genetic factors that have made me; me. Is it even possible to connect the trait to the factor that caused it? You want to know what the world's main problem is; consistency. It really is, we all say we want to be better, want to stop drinking, want to learn something new, have resolutions, want to pray all the time, studying more, absolutely whatever it may be, if you don't do it consistently, you're not doing it right. But it needs so much to be consistent. It needs you to be active, and not lazy, it needs determination and dedication, it needs motivation and the list goes on. Qualities that are not very easy to form, and once again be consistent with. Yeah, i know this post is really long, there's more on my mind but i think i'll leave it for another time..


No comments:

Post a Comment