Thursday, February 10, 2011

Univershity :/

The hot sun and cool breeze hit me as i stepped out of the car feeling confident as ever in my new jeans and sandals. My timetable in hand i sucked in the atmosphere of the university. It was my first day and there were students everywhere, freedom hung over me like heaven. I remembered i had to meet the new friends i made during orientation and that we would go together to our first lecture, excited and feeling rather grown up, i set out to the new life waiting for me. It was just as i expected and i looked forward to all the new experiences.

                             ---------------------------------------------------------------------

''No power in society, no hardship in your condition can depress you, keep you down, in knowledge, power, virtue, influence, but by your own consent''
-William Ellery Channing 


Okay, perky dial turned down a few thousand notches, that description is the furtherest possible of how my first day at 'univershity' actually played out. With my luck i wouldn't expect it to happen any other way, and the pessimist cynic in me was not surprised whatsoever. (After accepting my bachelor of administration offer and registering for it, i found out that i got accepted for business commerce. Naturally i had to deregister from administration and re register for commerce, sounds simple enough, but its turns out that i need a million signatures not only from the dean but from my lecturers as well) Now while registered for one thing and attending the lectures of another and knowing not many people; everyday i set out to my new hardships. I always knew i wasn't very good at making friends, not that i'm conceited or  anything but i just don't always have it in me to approach new people or sustain a conversation, especially at the beginning. However, it's not all doom and gloom, i do enjoy the lectures, even though i feel slightly behind, oh and they're all air-conditioned.

It has been a week so far and things seem to slowly get sorted, not that it has been easy, and honestly i don't know how it'll turn out hopefully for the best but so far i'm not enjoying it. And as always i know i just started, but, i CAN'T WAT FOR IT TO BE OVERRRR.

Also, i miss my school friends so much, they all seem to have moved on, which is all well and fine. I guess we all have to at some point.

Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. I havent even started yet and I've already circled all the holidays. lol. Can't wait to be back in Durban with Y'all :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. none of us have moved on!! well except saleha and i'm sure sumeya will be next once she starts 8o. i also can't wait till uni is over for you so we can meet up :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i admit i may have exaggerated a little..

    ReplyDelete